Political activist Candace Owens says the time has come for African Americans to unshackle themselves politically. And the outspoken conservative isn't afraid to point out why she feels many of the left's policies actually hurt the Black community.
As a conservative firebrand eager to tackle controversial issues of the day, Owens is challenging Black Americans to think outside the box.
During a recent appearance on the Ben Shapiro Show, Owens accused former vice president Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders of pandering to Blacks after the two were interviewed by rapper Cardi B.
"It is demeaning, it is ridiculous, and she asked pointedly ridiculous questions: I want lower taxes, but I want universal health care for all," Owens said. "She had no idea what she was doing, and yet both Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden made the time to sit with her because they believe Black people are stupid."
In her new book, Blackout: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape From the Democrat Plantation, Owens explains how liberal politicians take the Black vote for granted and why she moved to embrace conservative ideas.
"I had my 'ah-ha moment' which really happened to me just looking at Trump coming down the escalator like, 'This man is crazy,'" she told CBN News. "I don't want this guy to be president but then hearing him when he said, 'Black America, what do you have to lose?' And he listed the statistics and I knew that I came from a family that was impoverished and I have so many cousins who are on welfare and I thought to myself, Yeah, what do we have to lose?"
Owens points to how President Trump has made progress within the Black community after helping achieve historically low unemployment for African Americans as well as prison reform.
For decades, African Americans have been a loyal voting bloc for Democrats, with 89% supporting Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump in 2016.
She argues while Democrats have long acknowledged struggles in the Black community, they do very little to solve them.
"This hasn't worked out for us," Owens explained. "Look at our neighborhoods, the condition of our families. Look at the crime statistics, look at the father absences. What could go worse?"
"That was sort of my perspective when I decided to support the president, and now after watching his performance over the last three years, things have gotten better," she added. "Black Americans are better off with Donald J. Trump than we were after eight years of Barack Obama, who was the first Black president."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details