It started with a van full of paint cans on the streets of New York outside the Black Lives Matter mural in Midtown Manhattan. And then Bevelyn Beatty began her task, dropping to her knees with paint in hand, yelling, "They don't care about Black lives, they're liars."
Finally came her arrest as she chanted, "Jesus matters. Jesus matters. Stand up. Take your country back."
Bevelyn Beatty's actions and video went viral last month, and she tells CBN News she had one thing on her mind the whole time. "I have to paint this mural. I have to cover this mural," she explains from her home in New Jersey. "I was so tired of this Black lives matter narrative ... we're going to hit it. We're going to fight and we're going to stand, and God is with me. And that was it."
To understand Beatty's actions and motive, you need to know her backstory. She grew up in the inner city on welfare. After seeing people close to her die, Beatty went out on her own, got into trouble and seven years ago, wound up in jail on money laundering charges. It was there someone shared the gospel with her and she gave her life to Jesus Christ. "When I got out of jail, honey, you couldn't get me to steal a pack of bubble gum," she said. "You couldn't get me to do nothing."
As a changed woman, Beatty became a Christian activist in the fight against abortion working for At Well Ministries. Today, she's speaking out against the Black Lives Matter organization, especially the part of its creed about how they look to disrupt the "western prescribed nuclear family structure."
"Black Lives Matter is against Black men because a man is truly not a man unless he's a leader in his own family," she said. "This is a portion of his identity because this is what God ordained from the beginning."
Click here to read the rest of this story from our content partners at CBN News.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details