Pastor Anthony Wright had quite a shock when he realized his financial walk wasn't matching his spiritual talk.
"About two years ago, I had a life-changing event," Wright tells podcast host Chris Johnson on Charisma Connection. "And up until that point, I had been just like every other financial adviser across America. I went to an event where they were talking about faith-based investing, and so they asked me to give them my portfolio and allow them to run my own personal portfolio. And when I did, I was an ordained minister and I was preaching pro-life, I was preaching marriage between man and woman, and here all of a sudden, they screen my stocks, and I end up being 83% funding abortions, pornography and same-sex marriage. So the very thing that I was preaching from the pulpit, I was not doing with my money."
This realization brought Wright to tears.
"I felt like such a hypocrite because my walk wasn't matching my talk," says Wright, president and CEO of Retirement Specialty Group, a company based in Cookeville, Tennessee, with multiple satellite offices.
Now known as the "Investment Preacher," Wright has built several highly successful businesses and was senior/lead pastor at Faith in the Word Church in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
Today, faith is "the everything of our business," Wright says. "We do every Monday morning prayer and Bible study. There are several times throughout the week. We will have prayer with our clients on the phone with them. I have a nationwide radio program on Sirius XM channel 131, and I get a lot of calls from around the nation. A lot of times, yes, I'm able to help them with getting their stocks lined up with their beliefs and making their walk match their talk, but there are a lot of times they just need somebody to pray with. There are a lot of times they just need spiritual counseling, and so that is just as big a part of our company as faith-based investing and helping them get their funds in the right places."
Click here to learn more about Wright's Retirement Specialty Group and his philosophy of investing based on Christian principles.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details