A few weeks ago, My Faith Votes sat down with Dennis Prager, the leading conservative radio host, author and co-founder of Prager University. The wide-ranging conversation touched on the political and cultural divide in America, how the ideology of the left constitutes a godless religion that has infiltrated society's core, raising boys in today's culture and Big Tech's biased censorship of over 100 PragerU videos.
To me, though, the most important part of our time with Dennis was the few minutes we discussed why some people choose not to vote.
While the percentage changes from election to election, in general about 60% of eligible voters participate in presidential elections and even fewer, roughly 40%, participate in midterm elections. How sad! Even worse, notice those numbers are only based on eligible voters, not the entire population.
Politics in America has gotten so nasty, so discordant and so partisan—the speaker of the House just told her members she hopes to see the president in prison!—it's not hard to understand why some would choose to stay as far away from the mess as possible.
Yet for people of faith who don't vote, Prager had a quick and stark message: "Shame on them!"
America, he exclaimed, is the most God-centered, free country in the history of the world, founded by people who believed in God. Our motto is even "In God We Trust." This is why, Prager said, "God will ask you, 'Why didn't you vote to sustain it?'"
A religious man himself, Prager continued to note that he believed sitting out elections, "not to care about the world," rises to the level of sin. "God has told you all he wants from you," he added, quoting the Old Testament prophet Micah, "pursue justice and lovingkindness and walk humbly with your God."
How can any person faithfully pursue those things yet not vote to impact our nation with the good of our Judeo-Christian values? That's a good question to consider.
Jason Yates is CEO of My Faith Votes, a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square. Gov. Mike Huckabee serves as the organization's honorary national chairman.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details