Easter Sunday was the Bible App's highest day of engagement since its launch in 2008.
Yesterday, the YouVersion Community beat the record for the most verses shared in a single day—seeing an increase of 23% over the previous record day.
These were the top verses shared from the Bible App on Easter:
- John 11:25—"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, yet shall he live.'"
- Romans 10:13—"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
- Matthew 28:6—"He is not here. For He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
- John 3:16—"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
- 1 Peter 2:24—"He Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness. 'By His wounds you were healed'" (1 Pet. 2:24).
YouVersion also had one of its top days for Bible Plan completions on Easter. And during this Lenten season, the YouVersion Community surpassed predictions to complete more than 161 million Bible Plan days, up from 130 million in 2018.
As Easter approached, the YouVersion Bible App challenged people to prepare their hearts and minds for the holiday by participating in this year's Easter Challenge. Those who completed an Easter-focused Bible Plan by April 21 earned the all-new Easter Challenge badge within the app.
During the 2018 Lent season, the YouVersion Community completed more than 130 million Bible Plan days.
"Our community uses Bible Plans to bring specific and biblical focus to things they want to explore further—like sections of the Bible or specific topics like parenting, anxiety or, in this case, God's love for us through the Easter story," said Bobby Gruenewald, YouVersion founder. "This challenge is really about encouraging our community to set aside time each day leading up to Easter to reflect on what Jesus' sacrifice means to them."
Popular plans included:
- My Utmost for His Highest—Holy Week: My Utmost for His Highest is well-known devotional content that leads people into a deeper, more passionate walk with God. This special Holy Week edition from Our Daily Bread shares eight days of wisdom from Oswald Chambers to help people fully devote themselves to God during this holiday season.
- The Cross and Easter With Tony Evans: This Bible plan challenges people to not simply wear the cross around their neck, but to also apply it to their lives. This seven-day devotional explores how the cross integrates into our daily lives to help people prepare their hearts for Easter.
- Passion Week From The Winning Walk: This eight-day collection of devotionals by Dr. Ed Young offers a fresh perspective on the traditional practice of the stations of the cross. It will encourage people to reflect on the events surrounding the betrayal and crucifixion of Jesus so they may fully remember and embrace the Passion story.
- Sacred Holidays: A Devotional Leading up to Lent and Easter: LifeWay Christian Resources provided this devotional content that is centered around the Lent and Easter season. In this five-day Bible plan, people will learn how to ask God honest questions while continuing to follow Jesus and grow in their faith.
- Easter Meditations: This Bible plan is a collection of audio meditations from Encounter that will guide people through some of the divine events that happened during Holy Week. This four-day Bible plan will encourage people to use their imagination as they reflect on significant moments leading up to Resurrection Sunday.
Listen to the podcast to hear an interview with Bobby Gruenewald, YouVersion founder.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Great End of Summer Deals from CHARISMA:
#2 CHARISMA'S Best Book Bundles: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%!
#3 Limited Time Offer: Enroll in a FREE eCourse from CHARISMA. Click Here to view all available courses.