Debates about borders and immigration continue to be top of mind for lawmakers, among families and even in churches.
APN President Sam Rohrer says immigration is an issue that has been difficult for pastors and churches to grasp, as they may struggle with what the Bible says and what the culture demands.
"Immigration and border control issues dominate our news and divide our nation—and perhaps the people in the pews of America's churches are split on this matter—but God is not divided nor is He confused on this or any issue, and we should not be either," Rohrer says. "In fact, there are clear, biblical principles on why no one should be confused about God's position on immigration and borders."
According to the LifeWay survey, which surveyed 1,000 Protestant pastors, most say an immigration solution should be multifaceted.
- 80 percent say the government has the responsibility to stop illegal immigration; 9 percent disagree and 11 percent are not sure.
- 70 percent say they are in favor of an immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for those who are currently in the country illegally; 17 percent disagree and 13 percent are not sure.
- 76 percent say Christians have a responsibility to assist immigrants even if they are in the country illegally, while 14 percent disagree and 10 percent are not sure.
- Almost 3 in 10 pastors say their churches are involved locally in assisting immigrants.
Rohrer has shared insight about the biblical guidance available on border security and immigration on the APN daily 60-second radio feature, "Stand in the Gap Minute," heard on hundreds of stations nationwide. Rohrer and his radio co-hosts also frequently explore immigration and how it relates to both the Bible and the Constitution on the daily, live, one-hour radio program, "Stand in the Gap Today." The national "Stand in the Gap" television program has also delved into this important matter.
"Without borders there's no order, no law, no justice," Rohrer said. "Without borders, God's promise to bless the nation whose God is the Lord could never occur. God's plan of redemption revolves around nations. Borders are essential to nations. In fact, the definition of nation includes a common language, a common view of God and common borders. God's blessings and judgment are bestowed on individuals and nations. Therefore, borders and border control are essential to protect a nation's citizens and should rise to the highest of concerns for those in civil authority.
"This is why God provided civil government with the sword of justice," he added. "This is, in part, why we are to pray for those in authority—that we may lead quiet and peaceable lives and because they are accountable to God. God's Word does hold all the answers about borders, immigration and much more; we just need to read God's instruction for our lives and our nation, take them to heart and follow them."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details