Kathie Lee Gifford is mourning the loss of her mother, who passed away Tuesday in her sleep.
"I believe she saw Jesus, and Jesus took her breath away," Gifford shared on Hoda and Kathie Lee this morning.
My precious mother, JOANNIE went home to JESUS & my DADDY this morning. We praise God for His promise of eternal life & we thank God for her— Kathie Lee Gifford (@KathieLGifford) September 12, 2017
Joan Epstein, lovingly referred to as "Joannie," died Sept. 12 at age 87.
"There's no fear," Gifford shared with her cohost. "She had the strongest faith of anybody I've ever known."
Gifford, who is incredibly vocal about her Christian faith, says she's finding comfort in the Father right now.
"I suggest you take hold of God's hand because He's really good at caring for us ... and perfect love casts out all fear," Gifford says.
The popular television host also retweeted several faith-filled encouraging tweets.
Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. Sending love & prays to you & your family.— Rainy Farrell (@RainyFarrell) Sept.13, 2017
May God bring you comfort, Kathie. I'm so sorry that you had to let her go but such comfort in knowing she will spend her eternity in glory— Paula Hensley (@bluecatzfan) Sept.13, 2017
No one will ever love you as your mother did. I am so sorry. You and your family are in my fervent prayers. I hope you feel them. ❤— Terry (@TerryLisaJam) Sept. 13, 2017
LORD, You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book. Psalm 56:8— Kathie Lee Gifford (@KathieLGifford) Sept. 13, 2017
The Bible says, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Galatians 6:9)— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) Sept.13, 2017
Gifford lost her husband, Frank, just over two years ago on Aug. 15, 2015, and clung to her faith during that loss as well.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details