- A brief history and legal background of federal pornography laws including indecency, obscenity and child pornography, Supreme Court decisions, and First Amendment issues.
- The current state of Internet pornography and youth, citing specific statistics regarding both.
- The deceptive marketing techniques used by the Internet pornographers' industry, such as free teaser images and videos; innocent word searches; cartoon characters; and free flash games to lure children into pornography sites.
- Addiction and compulsive habituation, porn-induced erectile dysfunction (PIED), and breakthrough brain science are explored along with the public health impact of pornography, on the attitude, values, behavior and relationships of youth.
- The real-world consequences of extreme pornography such as sexting, sex-trafficking and kids acting out aggressively against other youth.
- Routes to resolution, including the roles and responsibilities of parents and caring adults, the Internet industry, corporate America, law enforcement, government, and faith-based communities.
- The necessity to create a cultural shift, or "Tipping Point," in attitudes regarding the unrelenting social costs of pornography and to elevate the harms of pornography from not only a moral issue but also to a rapidly growing public health pandemic with the goal of creating a movement, much like the stop smoking campaign.
- "Nations like the United Kingdom under the leadership of Prime Minister Cameron are implementing holistic and effective solutions through which government and industry are proactively doing their part to protect children from Internet pornography and child pornography," said Hughes."However, in America significant gaps continue to exist between the Internet's dangers to children and the level of enforcement and industry-driven action dedicated to protecting children online." Hughes continued, "As a result, the buck is passed to parents, who are usually uninformed, overwhelmed or ill-equipped to shoulder the entire burden to protect their children and families from the onslaught."According to Hughes, Internet-initiated crimes, and dangers directed at young people have continued to grow exponentially, threatening the safety, security and quality of life for children and families globally.Ending with a clarion call to the church to wake up and get involved, Hughes distinguishes between her organization's secular focus and her own perspective as a Christian."Sadly, many of today's cultural problems are the consequences of the failure of the church. America has abandoned its spiritual roots and the vision of our nation's founding fathers. As a result, America is in a moral free fall," said Hughes. "After having sacrificed almost two generations of children to the destructive influence of Internet pornography much of which is prosecutable under current U.S. law, it is long past time to say 'enough is enough.' A spectrum of prevention starts with one person, one family, one community and one nation at a time to bring about widespread cultural change."To view the full article visit: http://bit.ly/1rA0erQ
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.