"Today is a rainy day in Atlanta, and like the song says, 'I feel like it's raining all over the world,'" says Alveda King, director of African-American Outreach for Priests for Life.
"As my friends Dr. Day Gardner of the National Black Pro-Life Union and pastor Walter Moss of the National Black Pro-Life Coalition join the funeral march of Lakisha Wilson, who was butchered and killed at the Preterm Abortion mill, I am praying that God will comfort her family as well as bring justice for all mothers and their babies, all victims of abortion," she continues.
Wilson's family is still reeling in shock over her late-term abortion and consequent death at the Preterm Abortion Clinic in Cleveland. Although she reportedly died on the day of her abortion, her body was kept on life support for days, pending the harvesting of her organs.
"They didn't value her life and her child's, but they wanted her remains. Horrendous," King says.
Fr. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, says, "Lakisha had her whole life ahead of her, but she died because our nation still allows abortion on demand through all nine months of pregnancy."
"The Wilson family's tragedy is the shame of our nation," King says. "Abortion is decimating the African-American community. Black women who make up just 13 percent of the population account for 36 percent of the abortions. And black mothers like Lakisha are also are counted among abortion's victims."
"Lakisha is a victim of 'choice,' just like Tonya Reaves was in 2012, when Planned Parenthood let her bleed to death after a botched abortion," King says. "Our women are dying, and people like Nancy Pelosi are calling for more abortion. America needs to recognize it has a problem. Abortion is never the answer."
Janet Morana, executive director of Priests for Life and author of Recall Abortion, asks, "How many dead women are too many? Abortion is a harmful product that should be taken off the market before one more woman dies. It is way past time to recall abortion."
Noting that there are now hundreds of documented deaths of mothers killed by "abortion complications," King concludes, "Abortion is taking places in houses of horrors. Babies and women are dying. It is shameful. We must pray. We must expose the truth. We must demand regulations of these butchers. We must not allow Lakisha's death to pass us by in vain."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details