Thousands of students from campuses in the U.S., Canada and several other countries were expected to vow silence, on Oct. 23, in protest of the millions of abortions that destroy human life every year.
The fourth annual Day of Silent Solidarity is sponsored by Stand True Ministries, a youth-oriented, pro-life organization. During the daylong event students will wear red armbands to symbolize the spilled blood of abortion victims while others will wear red tape over their mouths as a reminder of aborted babies’ silent cries.
“Thousands of American babies are permanently silenced every day by the violent act of abortion,” said Bryan Kemper, president of Stand True. “This day is in honor of those children, and we will stay silent as an act of solidarity with these innocent victims.”
Students are advised to “respect” professors and speak to them when required. But if asked by other students why they aren’t speaking, students will silently distribute educational flyers about abortion and its effects. Though some schools have unsuccessfully tried to ban this event, sponsors say they have seen lives saved as a result of previous days of silence.
“Last year we heard back from 16 girls who canceled their abortion appointments because of this event,” Kemper said. “We are expecting over 100,000 students to participate this year, and they are excited to have a united opportunity to stand up for babies with fellow students from around the country in a peaceful and effective manner.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details