Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue is seeking a higher authority for a solution to his state's drought problems: God. The Peach State leader will host a multi-faith prayer service outside the state capitol in Atlanta Nov. 13, asking God to send rain over all of the drought-stricken Southeast.
“The only solution is rain, and the only place we get that is from a higher power,” Perdue spokesman Bert Brantley said, according to the Associated Press.Perdue, who is Baptist, has often publicly mentioned the need for prayer during this dry season and was recently involved in an association of farmer's day of prayer for agriculture.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.