The wife of popular gospel artist Marvin Sapp died Thursday after an 18-month battle with colon cancer. MaLinda Sapp was 43.
A licensed counselor, Sapp was administrative pastor at the church her husband founded, Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, Mich. She also served as Marvin Sapp's manager and was credited as executive producer on many of his recordings.
According to a message on the church's website, she had been given a clean bill of health earlier this year. But the cancer resurfaced, prompting a 24-7 prayer campaign that drew national support.
Marvin Sapp is a Grammy-nominated gospel artist best known for his 2008 song "Never Would Have Made It." His follow-up project, Here I Am, debuted in March at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, making it the highest-charting album ever by a gospel artist.
According to the Grand Rapids Press, MaLinda Sapp is survived by her husband; their three children, Marvin II, Mikaila and Madisson; her mother; two sisters; and two brothers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details