With family by his side, Pastor Wendell Smith, founding pastor of The City Church in Kirkland, Washington, died on Dec. 19 after a six-year battle with cancer. He was 60.
Smith and his wife, Gini, founded the 7,000-member church in 1992 and has since seen the multisite church expand to six different locations throughout the Seattle area. Smith authored several books and oversaw an international network of churches.
He was diagnosed with cancer in 2004, and in 2009 named his son Judah senior pastor of The City Church. The younger Smith fondly remembers his father's legacy in a statement.
"Thank you for your continued prayers as our family continues the race that [our father] started," Judah said. "He began in faith and we will finish in faith."
Wendell Smith is survived by his wife, Gini; his daughter and son-in-law, Benny and Wendy Perez; his son and daughter-in-law, Judah and Chelsea Smith; and six grandchildren.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.