Online dating is nothing new, but the $1.8 billion industry is growing—and diversifying—by leaps and bounds.
There are dating sites for cheaters, dating sites for millionaires, and dating sites for Christians. The are dating sites for specific ethnic groups, dating sites for divorcees, and dating sites for age groups.
There is even one dating site exclusively for virgins.
The site, YouandMeArePure.com, just changed its name to WeWaited.com in its quest to better target virgins (who are at least 18 years old) looking for other virgins to date.
"Single virgins view our site as a safe place to meet other like-minded singles," says Lety Colin, who founded the site with her husband, Jose. "That's because we use a reliable screening process. We figure if someone is not honest about themselves, they may not be honest regarding their status as a virgin."
Colin says all profiles are screened, and the basic information provided by potential members is independently verified. The Colins were virgins when they married and say the decision to wait has strengthened their bond as husband and wife.
"WeWaited.com is more than just an online meeting place," says Lety. "We offer our members articles, advice and a forum where they can take comfort in the fact that there are many others out there with the same values." Articles such as "How to Kiss" are geared toward virgins who may be new to the dating scene.
Although minors cannot become members of WeWaited.com, the site's home page reinforces the importance of teens maintaining their virginity. The site points to research that makes a correlation between sexually active teens and struggles later on in life. Other research points to drug and alcohol use among sexually active teens.
Should Christians use dating sites? Would you trust a dating site where members claimed to be virgins? Let me know in the comment box below.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.