“The Nativity Project” is a nationwide campaign to share the message of Christmas and also to confront the erosion and hostility toward public expressions of faith especially during the Christmas season.
The Christian Defense Coalition gathered with live actors and animals in front of the Supreme Court and past the U.S. Capitol Building in order to demonstrate that displays such as these are protected by the First Amendment.
The Nativity Scene, sponsored by Faith and Action and The Christian Defense Coalition, was held Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. in Washington, D.C. in response to other courts banning nativity scenes in some parts of the country.
“Sadly, we are seeing an erosion and hostility toward public expressions of faith in the public square. This is especially true during the Christmas season., the Rev. Patrick Mahoney, director of the Christian Defense Coalition, said.
“'The Nativity Project' is a reminder that our Constitution provides freedom of religion not freedom from religion. By encouraging people of good will to publicly display nativity scenes all across America, we are not only supporting religious liberty and First Amendment freedoms but we are loudly proclaiming the powerful message of Christmas. That timeless message needs to be heard now more than ever: 'Peace on earth and goodwill toward man.'
Mahoney added: “Our hope and prayer is that many will secure permits, as we did in front of the Supreme Court, to display nativity scenes in front of public buildings all across our nation and also to place them on the lawns of their homes.
“Simply stated, if we are granted a permit to display a nativity scene in front of the United States Supreme Court, then every person out to be able to display one in their own community,” he concluded.
“The traditional creche, portraying Mary, Joseph and the Christ child, along with angels, shepherds, Wise Men and animals, remind us of what Christmas is all about,” commented the Rev. Rob Schenck, president of Faith and Action.
“The fact that we have been granted a permit to hold this 'Live Nativity Scene' in front of the Supreme Court ensures the right for every American to set up these public displays in communities all across America. We like to refer to this effort as keeping Christ Mass in the nation's capital and throughout the nation,” he said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details