The nation's largest group of obstetricians and gynecologists says birth control pills should be sold over the counter, like condoms, according to an Associated Press report. But should kids be able to get birth control without a parent’s consent?
The AP reports:
“Already, anyone 17 or older doesn't need to see a doctor before buying the morning-after pill—a higher-dose version of regular birth control that can prevent pregnancy if taken shortly after unprotected sex. Earlier this year, the Food and Drug Administration held a meeting to gather ideas about how to sell regular oral contraceptives without a prescription, too. Now the influential American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is declaring it's safe to sell the pill that way.
“'Wait, why would doctors who make money from women's yearly visits for a birth-control prescription advocate giving that up? Half of the nation's pregnancies every year are unintended, a rate that hasn't changed in 20 years—and easier access to birth control pills could help,' said Dr. Kavita Nanda, an OB/GYN who co-authored the opinion for the doctors group.”
Would you want your daughter buying birth control pills without your knowledge? Are you concerned about the safety issues that might go along with your teen buying birth control pills without a physical examination? Does this promote unsafe sex? Speak out.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details