In early July, Everett Stadig, a staunch prolife advocate was criminally assaulted while petitioning for the Colorado Personhood amendment outside a grocery store. This came on the same week that my house was vandalized by "pro-choice activists."
This assault caused several injuries, including a seriously injured hip which required surgery and lead to his hospitalization. Even during his stay in the hospital Everett stayed vigilant, asking doctors, nurses and visitors for signatures.
Thanks to Katie's Law in Colorado, DNA samples are required to be taken from suspected felons at the time of their arrest. So when William Costello was arrested following the assault, his DNA sample was taken and it tied him to several sexual assault cases from the years 2008-2011, including the rape of a young child.
Thanks to his capture, Costello has recently has been charged with two counts of second-degree kidnapping, two counts of sexual assault on a child and three counts of sexual assault.
"William Costello stands accused as a serial rapist, and as the perpetrator of unthinkable harm," commented Jennifer Mason, Personhood USA spokesperson. "Not only did he make it abundantly clear to Everett Stadig that he was violently opposed to the personhood rights of innocent children, he is accused of a violent denial and violation of the personhood rights of his victims, as well. While Everett's injuries are healing, we pray for the victims of the heinous crimes."
Friends, this is one of the many faces of our movement: a peaceful fight for life, confronted by an irate and violent opposition that counts rapists among them. Everett Stadig is a hero, and his sacrifice lead to the capture of a serious criminal.
We must now continue to fight with the same spirit and passion that Everett did from his hospital bed. Colorado is but one of fifty states that we hope to make strides in and we are sure to face tough opposition as we move forward, but the stakes are too high to not fight back.
Keith Mason is the founder of Personhood USA.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details