Joshua Fowler is a firm believer that there once again will be a Great Awakening in the United States and around the globe. The apostle and senior minister of Legacy Life Church in Orlando, Fla., is helping to spark the revival movement in December with a special event called God Day—Awakening a City to Awaken Nations.
Slated for Dec. 12, God Day’s purpose is to give the city of Orlando back to the heavenly Father and to expand that agenda outward toward other cities, states and nations. Expected to draw thousands, the event will include 12 hours of prayer, praise and proclamation.
It also will include a congress of five-fold leaders, a solemn assembly of fasting, prayer, interceding and a rally of a mighty army with one vision, one mind and one goal—to evangelize and to bring in the greatest harvest of souls the city has ever known.
More than 100 churches as well as businesses and community organizations have joined together in promoting the event.
“During turbulent times when hopelessness is all around us, God is calling forth a remnant in the earth to cry out to heaven on behalf of whole cities, generations and nations,” Fowler said. “When the church intercessors or watchmen reach a boiling point of dissatisfaction with the things of the world, they will cry out for an awakening and revival in the land.
“This gathering is a movement of people that are looking to restore honor to God and to father the fatherless. I received this mandate long ago from the Lord and we are seeing it through to its fruition. We want show our love for Him and to throw God a God-sized party.”
Fowler’s hope is to strategically partner with local and global leaders to “change our city and the nations,” and to bring about a major harvest of souls in the upcoming year.
“When you read Luke 5:6-7, it says, ‘And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their net was breaking, so they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.’ We want others to partner with us and share in this great catch.”
During God Day, Fowler’s plan is to distribute 12,000 or more pairs of shoes to fatherless children. That idea came to him after he and his wife, Deborah, went to Taiwan a few years ago to adopt a child. When they received the child, the shoes he had on were tattered and torn.
They immediately got their new son, Ben, a new pair, and the Lord spoke to Fowler about the shoe drive.
As of late October, nearly 9,000 pairs of shoes had been donated to the cause.
“When we put the shoes on the children’s feet, we want to release the Father’s blessing,” Fowler said. “I believe from that, a move of God, a blessing will be released. It is all done to honor Him.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details