At a time when our nation's media spotlights race and oppression, Americans hear about Critical Race Theory (CRT) and wonder why anyone would oppose a critical look at racial turmoil.
But Marc Little, a pastor and attorney, explains that CRT is not what it looks like. In a national column published at Townhall, Marc Little wrote, "to those who believe Critical Race Theory is a vehicle to discuss race in America, they mistake the goal of CRT, which has little, if anything, to do with race."
Little is the executive director of CURE America Action, headquartered in Washington, D.C., which advocates for public policy with the messages of Christianity, capitalism and the Constitution across the nation. He remarked that the academic theory rejects our founding principles. In his column, Little says, "It demands equality in outcomes, or worse, it demands to invert economic realities."
Little also describes how the theory attempts to confront power structures in the country by dividing America into two categories: oppressor and the oppressed.
This is known as "intersectionality" and was introduced by Kimberly Crenshaw in 1989. The oppressor is defined as white, male, heterosexual, cis gendered (naturally born male), able-bodied and native born.
The oppressed are ranked by degrees of "oppression." If you are Black, you are oppressed. If you are Black and gay, you are more oppressed. If you are Black, gay and female, you have an even greater degree of oppression. And so on. The point being, the more oppressed one is, the more moral authority one has, which is accompanied by the least amount of responsibility. And to the oppressor, you gain moral authority by surrendering your power to the oppressed.
This is called being "woke," and purports to accomplish the goal to reverse the so-called privilege held by the "white man." It is an effort to force so-called equality.
Little warns Americans, especially Christians, that there cannot be meaningful discussion about race by threatening white men to surrender their achievements regardless of how history gave them a head start. Instead, Little says the "nonsensical, unproven and unbiblical" Critical Race Theory should be rejected as a distraction. "The intelligentsia are more the problem than the solution," Little writes.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details