As transition team spokesman Sean Spicer noted for the press during Wednesday morning's daily briefing, Donald Trump will become the 45th President of the United States in less than 30 days.
Ahead of the historic event, the 58th Inauguration Committee has unveiled the schedule of events for the swearing-in of the president-elect as well as his running mate, Vice President-elect Mike Pence. In the days leading up to Inauguration Day and on the big day itself both men will be very busy.
The official portion of the inaugural will begin with Trump and Pence laying a wreath at Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday, Jan. 19. That evening, they will also participate in a concert held at the Lincoln Memorial to welcome the new administration.
The official portion of the inaugural ends Saturday, Jan. 21, when the president and vice president will attend a national prayer service at Washington National Cathedral. In between, here are some of the other key events:
- the inaugural swearing-in ceremony held at the west front of the U.S. Capitol,
- the inaugural parade that follows the swearing in ceremony and
- three official inaugural balls, including one to honor the military and first responders.
"President-elect Trump is committed to unifying our country as we once again celebrate the foundation of our American system and the peaceful transfer of power," Presidential Inauguration Committee Chairman Tom Barrack said. "The 2017 inaugural celebrations will reflect President-elect Trump's eagerness to get to work in order to make our country safer and stronger."
An extensive five-day schedule has been planned by the committee, which includes a number of dinners to honor the president-elect, vice president-elect and Cabinet secretaries-designate. Tickets are required to attend most public events due to limited seating. Click here for more information about tickets.
Expect to learn more about the inaugural events as Jan. 20 draws closer.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details