"Should I take the COVID-19 vaccine?" This is the question many Americans are asking themselves.
As followers of Christ, our decision should include prayer. Like the Bereans in Acts 17:11, Americans desire to be "fair-minded" and to search "the Scriptures daily" when we hear new information.
Sam Rohrer, president of the American Pastors Network, says, "Unfortunately, being 'fair-minded' is increasingly considered unpopular in response to the vaccine. For example, some Catholic and evangelical groups are proclaiming the vaccine as 'an answer to prayer'—as well as 'an act of compassion'—we can take to help others. Further, millions of dollars are being spent in publicity campaigns to convince Americans to take the vaccine."
If Americans take a closer look at the facts of the current vaccines, several significant concerns for Christians are revealed, he added. Among them, the following five considerations:
1. Health Implications: In a recent nationwide radio interview Rohrer conducted with Dr. Dolores Cahill from Ireland, she addressed multiple points, including the "failures of previous vaccines using mRNA and the lack of long-term testing during Operation Warp Speed." She also addressed the numerous serious side effects which are impacting people who have taken the vaccine.
Among health professionals, the segments of the population being told not to take the vaccine include: pregnant and nursing women, the elderly, people with allergies or compromised immune systems and others. Significant studies have yet to be done on these population groups to rule out serious adverse reactions.
Further, there are warnings for any woman of childbearing age regarding possible concerns with fertility due to the vaccine. There is simply far too little current research in Operation Warp Speed's work to properly safeguard against many conditions.
2. Ethical Implications: In contrast with the view that taking the vaccine is an act of compassion, we must clearly define what is intended by compassion. It is not compassionate to take a vaccine that could harm your body. It is certainly not compassionate to persuade other people to take a vaccine that has many known side effects and for which even the vaccine manufacturer's themselves highlight as unknown.
3. Constitutional Implications: As Americans, we deeply cherish our freedoms noted in the Declaration of Independence that include, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Our Constitution guards against a totalitarian government that can force actions upon its people, such as taking a vaccine still in its infancy. According to the Fifth Amendment, no American can "be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."
There must be no forced COVID-19 vaccinations in our nation, as well as a guarding of the freedoms of those who choose not to do so.
4. Spiritual Implications: In addition to promoting acceptance of the vaccine, a growing number of voices are calling for apps that show proof of vaccination for various actions. For example, those who refuse to take the vaccine could be told they cannot travel on an airplane or cruise ship, travel internationally or even visit a loved one in a hospital. In addition, a missionary may not be able to travel to another nation to serve without taking the vaccine.
Imagine a scenario not long from now when a pastor will not be able to visit one of his own members in the hospital unless he shows proof of vaccination. The same will apply to a new grandparent who wants to visit a newborn grandchild in the hospital. This is soon becoming a reality.
5. Prophetic Implications: While unbelievers do not consider this realm, prophecy is a vital part of the Christian faith. The increased global controls, growing use of digital currency, contact tracing and apps to limit travel, buying and selling based on taking a vaccination, all foreshadow actions predicted of the Antichrist in Scripture.
"As we look at these five areas of health, ethics, the Constitution, faith and prophecy, what can we conclude?" asks Rohrer. "At the very least, we should be cautious and carefully evaluate the personal decision of whether to take the vaccine.
"In addition, we must apply the freedoms and faith protections of the many Americans who refuse to take a vaccination," he said. "Our Constitution and religious freedoms must protect our citizens from restrictions regarding financial transactions, travel, business, education and other aspects of life.
"It is ultimately your personal decision whether to take the vaccine, but it is God's will for you to carefully evaluate the decision you make," Rohrer said. "Do not merely listen to the propaganda of our society. Seek to hear from God through prayer and His Word, carefully examining the information as we seek to honor God with our body (1 Cor. 6:19) and with our lives (Col. 3:17)."
Sam Rohrer, his co-hosts and guests explore compelling topics on APN's daily radio program, Stand in the Gap Today, daily short radio feature, Stand in the Gap Minute and "best of" shows from the week are broadcast on Stand in the Gap Weekend. Likewise, Stand in the Gap TV considers complex and divisive cultural issues from a biblical worldview perspective.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details