This week, a panel of judges decided the fate of an undocumented teenager and her unborn child. This undocumented, unaccompanied minor is a citizen of a country in Central America where abortion is illegal. Representing her in court, the ACLU argued that this undocumented minor has the right, under the United States Constitution, to access to abortion. After winding its way through several courts, on Tuesday an appeals court in Washington, D.C., upheld a lower-court ruling and overturned another circuit court ruling. As a result, the teen had the abortion yesterday.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton clearly described the legal error in this case: "The ruling that paved the way for the abortion violated longstanding Supreme Court precedent on the rights of an unlawfully present person. Even the Obama administration's Department of Justice acknowledged that unlawfully present aliens without substantial connections to the country lack the same constitutional rights as citizens. This ruling not only cost a life, it could pave the way for anyone outside the United States to unlawfully enter and obtain an abortion. Life and the Constitution are sacred. We lost some of both."
There is power in the blood. Hebrews 9:22 reminds us, "And according to the law almost everything must be cleansed with blood; without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." This verse refers to blood shed through sacrifices in the Old Testament and the shedding of Jesus' blood at the cross. The blood of Jesus saves, making forgiveness and regeneration possible; the shedding of blood for demonic reasons leads to condemnation. The blood of Jesus releases and frees; the shedding of innocent blood for evil purposes destroys and enslaves.
The Trump administration's actions in the case have supported life in various critical ways, including their policy of not facilitating abortions for undocumented minors in federal custody. Although the legal battle relating to this particular pregnancy is over, the issue of whether an undocumented minor has rights under the U.S. Constitution has not been settled. This is a matter that requires serious intercession. The "right" to abortion created by Roe v. Wade continues to cause destruction today. Our judiciary is a battleground both in the natural and the spiritual realms.
The demonic forces that receive power from the shedding of innocent blood will protect those (judges, in this case) who empower systems (our judicial system) to commit more destruction. This demonic protection could lead to increasing levels of darkness in our judiciary.
Time to pray:
- We must repent of our national sin of abortion. "Therefore repent and be converted, that your sins may be wiped away" (Acts 3:19).
- Pray that the courts will protect life and rule against extending abortion to undocumented women: "You shall not murder" (Ex. 20:13).
- Pray for the salvation of this young teen who has just had an abortion. "Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20).
Reverend David Kubal is the president and CEO of Intercessors for America (IFA). IFA equips and supports praying Christians to shape the nation's history through prayer. As the president, his vision is to mobilize a multi-generational army of intercessors. To learn more, visit IFApray.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details