U.S. District Court Judge Lee Yeakel of the Western District of Texas heard a challenge today from abortion providers, represented by the Center for Reproductive Rights, who argued that the state's ban on dismemberment abortions be put on hold until a full hearing can occur.
The Dismemberment Abortion Ban section of the Senate Bill 8—passed by the Texas Legislature in the 85th Regular Session last May–is scheduled to go into effect this Friday. According to Texas Right to Life, "Judge Yeakel is expected to release an order on the preliminary injunction later this week."
Texas joined seven other states—Kansas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas and Louisiana—in forbidding an abortion "technique" that uses sharp metal clamps and scissors to crush, tear and pulverize living unborn human beings, to rip heads and legs off of tiny torsos until the defenseless child bleeds to death.
"Just like partial-birth abortions, dismemberment abortions are inhumane and gruesome acts of violence against the preborn child," Texas Right to Life wrote today. "Passing these types of bills educates elected officials and the public on the horrific truth about the injustice and violence of abortion."
Writing prior to the hearing, Chuck Lindell of the American-Statesman reported:
Lawyers for Attorney General Ken Paxton will ask U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel to let the law take effect, as scheduled, on Friday, arguing that the state has a legitimate interest in outlawing a "brutal, gruesome and inhumane practice."
They also say the abortion providers that sued, including Whole Woman's Health and Planned Parenthood, are not entitled to emergency relief because they waited six weeks before filing the suit on July 20, leading to a rushed appearance before the judge days before the law takes effect.
For the original article, visit nationalrighttolifenews.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details