For years, there has been concern that President Barack Obama would not step down when his second term expires in a little less than 147 days.
A meeting held Thursday at the White House will likely allay some of those concerns. During that meeting, Obama Administration officials met with representatives of the Democratic and Republican presidential campaigns to discuss the preparations for the "peaceful transition of power" in January.
A White House spokeswoman said the meeting was led by Obama's chief of staff, Denis McDonough. It included former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, who is leading the transition team for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who is the transition chair for Republican nominee Donald Trump.
The "peaceful transition of power" is a phrase that has often been coined in American politics since "The Revolution of 1800." It was a bitter election, even by today's standards—and the first to involve deep political divisions between two leading political parties—that could have just as easily resulted in armed conflict as its peaceful resolution.
Thomas Jefferson's transition to the presidency and his Democratic-Republicans' move to control both chambers of Congress proved that a wholesale change-of-direction was possible without resorting to all-out warfare. It also proved the American Experiment could be a long-term success.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details