Following the California Department of Justice's raid on the home of David Daleiden, an investigative journalist and pro-life activist, the Frederick Douglass Foundation issued a statement rebuking the state's Democrat Attorney General, Kamala Harris.
In it, the organization noted that the Democrat U.S. Senate canidate's Twitter account she is "dedicated to fighting for justice and giving a voice to the voiceless." The foundation, named for the famed abolitionist, called the seizure both a "flagrant abuse of the people's power" and a "travesty of justice at the very highest levels."
"Raiding David's home can't be about justice," Frederick Douglass Foundation of California founder Walter B. Hoye II said. "The state of California performs more abortions than any other state in the union.
"Who is fighting for justice for the most innocent among us, the innocent baby boy or baby girl in utero and who is giving a voice to the voiceless baby boy or baby girl in the womb of their mother in California? It's not California's Attorney General Kamala Harris."
"It's chilling to think that irrespective of the great progress America has made in the area of justice, we still have public officials using their positions of authority to strategically target and intimidate because of social/political disagreement," the organization's president, Kevin McGary, said. "We're still fundamentally a free country under the protection of the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution and no one should have to endure the full force of government due to disagreement.
"Can we seriously consider Ms. Harris for the United States Senate? Should we expect egregious acts of intimidation from our Senators sworn to uphold the United States Constitution? I say no!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details