Thursday morning, Franklin Graham, president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, commented on President Obama's decision to commute the prison sentences of 61 drug offenders.
In doing so, the president said, "By exercising these presidential powers, I have the chance to show people what a second chance can look like." Graham, on the other hand, used it as a teaching moment about real second chances.
"A real second chance for our lives comes only by asking Jesus Christ to forgive our sins and turning to Him in repentance and faith," he said. "He alone can wipe the slate clean. That's the pardon of a lifetime."
Graham then quoted from 1 John 1:9, which states:
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details