They're still talking about Vice President Mike Pence's speech last night at the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland.
If you didn't see it, watch the video above. Like most CPAC speeches go, it was full of "red meat" for conservatives, but there were some important messages for evangelicals, as well. Here's a summary of some of his statements:
- "I knew our president would reignite our cause and renew it in our own day—and he did just that. The establishment never saw it coming. The media, the elites, and the insiders and everybody else who was preserving the status quo—they dismissed our president all the way. In dismissing him, they dismissed millions of hard-working men and women in the country today. They are still trying to dismiss them—and all of us. Our fight didn't end on Nov. 8. We won the day, make no mistake about it. The harder and most important work lies ahead. The fight goes on. Let me make you a promise: President Trump will fight for you every single day."
- "You know, I'm a small-town guy. [President Donald Trump]'s big city. I'm Midwest, he's Manhattan Island. He's known for his bigger than life personality, his charm, and his charisma. And I'm, like, not."
- "I'm proud to stand with the president, who stands with our most important ally, the Jewish state. Israel's fight is our fight, its cause is our cause, and her values are our values."
- "Let me assure you, America's Obamacare nightmare is about to end! Despite the best efforts of liberal activists at town halls across the country, the American people know better. Obamacare has failed and Obamacare must go.This failed law is crippling the American economy and crushing the American people. Talk about your fake news, folks. Just look at all the promises liberals made about Obamacare. Now we all know the truth. Higher costs, fewer choices, worse care. That's Obamacare."
- "We as conservatives have an opportunity that only comes around every few generations, or maybe just once in a lifetime. My friends, this is our time. The other side is not sitting idle, and their allies in the media are more than willing to amplify their defense of the failed status quo every single day. Make your voices heard in town halls with your family and your friends, on the Internet and social media, and all those places where commonsense conservative messages are most desperately needed, because this is our time. We've got to mobilize. We've got to march forward, as if it's the most important time in the history of our movement, because it is."
The president is scheduled to take his turn at the CPAC stage in about 20 minutes.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer