The 2016 presidential election was as unexpected as it was historic, but it has provided an opportunity for evangelicals in particular on issues ranging from sanctity of life and natural marriage to religious freedom.
Like every new presidential administration, President-elect Donald Trump's incoming team has the opportunity to impact everyday Americans in significant ways.
Through the executive branch, this can be done by issuing executive orders, agency regulations and administrative guidance. The president-elect himself also can do this through the judicial appointments he will make.
Tuesday, the Family Research Council will convene a roundtable of government affairs experts for a panel discussion that will lay out the "game plan" for executive actions and judicial appointments the Trump administration can make in its first 100 days. Joining the discussion will be:
- David Christensen serves as the Family Research Council's vice president for government affairs overseeing policy work on life, marriage, religious freedom and family issues. Previously he served as senior director for congressional affairs, responsible for advocating public policy to Congress on life, bioethics, stem cell research, religious freedom, abstinence education and conscience rights. He previously worked as a legislative assistant for former Representative Dave Weldon (R-Fla.), handling legislation on issues related to bioethics, such as human cloning, as well as pro-life issues and foreign policy. Before moving to Washington, David worked as an education manager and assistant editor at The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity in Illinois where he worked on issues related to end-of-life care, human cloning and biotechnology. He holds a Master of Arts degree in Philosophy from Trinity International University in Illinois and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies from Liberty University.
- Jeanne Mancini is the president of the March for Life Education and Defense Fund, a small nonprofit organization committed to restoring a culture of life in the United States. Previously, she worked with the Family Research Council, where she focused on issues related to the inherent dignity of the human person, including abortion, women's health, and end-of-life issues. Prior to FRC Jeanne worked for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in the Office of the Secretary. Her federal government experience includes global health policy, as well as domestic and international health care issues. Jeanne holds an undergraduate degree in psychology from James Madison University and a Master's degree in the theology of marriage and family from the Pope John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family. Jeanne resides in northern Virginia with her husband, David.
- Mandi Ancalle is general counsel for government affairs at Family Research Council, where she is responsible for analyzing the constitutionality and legality of pending legislation, regulations and executive orders and lobbies on various issues, including family values and religious liberty. She earned her bachelor's degree in business administration from Augusta State University and her law degree from Liberty University School of Law. She previously served as legal director for the Liberty Center for Law and Policy, where she simultaneously served as the director of public policy for Liberty Counsel Action.
Click here to register for the event, which will be webcast live beginning at noon EST Tuesday.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details