A Marxist, an illegal immigrant and a diplomat might sound like the setup for a horrible joke, but when these three got together recently in Chicago, there wasn't anything funny about what they were planning.
According to The Daily Caller, which was able to get a source inside a planning meeting for the protests planned for this weekend in Chicago and on Inauguration Day in Washington, D.C., the group has been responsible for unrest in New York City, San Francisco and Albuquerque, New Mexico. The group was also among those leading the protests at a planned rally for President-Elect Donald Trump held in March that became violent.
On Nov. 15, the group held a meeting to plot its next move in its ongoing resistance of the Trump in a space normally operated by the Mexican Solidarity Network, a less well-known group in the mold of La Raza.
ANSWER Chicago organizers Stephanie and Mika co-chaired the evening, and Mika said he was also an organizer with the Party for Socialist and Liberation, a radical Marxist group and a frequent partner of ANSWER.
Mika fired up the crowd.
"What do we want?" he yelled at the crowd.
"Justice," the crowd roared back.
"When do we want it?" he screamed again.
"Now," the crowd roared even louder.
"People can and must be organized in a deepening resistance," Stephanie said. "As united as possible, as militant as possible."
She also said she was willing to "work with anyone to resist this administration."
Stephanie said Hillary Clinton used "sexist fear" to get elected but was still "fighting the right wing by any means necessary."
Also attending and speaking at the event was Venezuelan Counsel General Jesús Rodríguez-Espinoza, who said he could not speak about Trump at the event due to his diplomatic status. He instead gave a glowing report of life in his country, saying media reports to the contrary were "an exaggeration" meant to aid in taking down the "progressive government" there.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details