When the liberal mainstream media is determined to push a narrative to help Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, they don't usually care about who they run over in the process.
Such was the case Monday, after her Republican counterpart, Donald Trump, answered a Marine Corps veteran's question about PTSD the media portrayed as denigrating toward combat veterans. Soon, Trump was being vilified on every mainstream outlet for demeaning veterans who are suffering as a result of their service.
Except they forgot to ask the guy who asked the original question in the first place what he thought of the answer. Had they done so, they might have gotten an entirely different story—and they had a narrative to advance.
Marine Staff Sgt. Chad Robichaux, who served eight combat tours in Afghanistan, suffered from PTSD as a result of his service. As founder and president of Mighty Oaks Warrior Programs in Temecula, Calif., he has worked to help others suffering from PTSD through a more holistic approach.
"After eight combat tours in Afghanistan I came home and was diagnosed with PTSD, and I struggled with it," he said. "Since my own recovery I've been privileged to help 1,100 veterans who have graduated from our program, none of whom have committed suicide since graduating. It's a very important issue to me, which is why I was thankful for the opportunity to ask Mr. Trump about it directly."
And while Robichaux appreciated Trump's response, he didn't exactly like the media's attempts to distort what was said.
"I think it's sickening that anyone would twist Mr. Trump's comments to me in order to pursue a political agenda," he said. "I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have, and I believe he is committed to helping them.
"The nature of my question focused on a broken system that's failing so many of our veterans and, as president, would Mr. Trump take a more holistic approach to health care for veterans. I interpreted his answer to affirm that the system is broken and he would take the necessary steps to address it."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details