With the field of presidential candidates narrowed considerably, many committed Christians find themselves with the difficult prospect of either voting for a candidate they feel doesn't represent their core values, or not voting at all.
Sam Rohrer, president of the American Pastors Network and host of the daily one-hour radio program "Stand in the Gap Today," has addressed that issue. Jesus, he noted, is not going to be on the ballot in November.
"We are always faced with the real challenge of voting among two or three 'imperfect' people," he said. "Jesus is not on the ballot; in Him, we would have a perfect candidate. Everyone on the ballot is imperfect."
To further illustrate his point, Rohrer noted that an election between Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin would be considered a choice between two evil candidates. That is because, beyond being just imperfect, both men were truly evil.
"When it comes to voting, evil equates to a candidate who is clearly anti-God, anti-Christ, anti-Israel, and anti-Bible," he said. "For instance, does that candidate reject God-defined moral absolutes such as life, marriage and God-established human sexuality or does that candidate embrace and pursue the killing of the unborn and marriage between any combination of people other than man and woman? Does that candidate support bribery and corruption and the subversion of justice for all?"
Civil government is a creation of God, Rohrer added. Pastors have a responsibility from the pulpit to uphold the godly ideals of what leaders should be and educate their churches about God's expectations for leaders.
"As Christians, we should support and vote for the candidate whose principles most closely align with what we believe, what the Word of God teaches, and what God's expectations of a leader are," he said. "Pastors must preach biblical principles about all aspects of life—at home and in parenting, in the workplace, as we reach out to our neighbors, in how a church should be run, and yes, in the principles we should hold close when we head to the polls."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details