A new policy laid out by the Trump administration has made marriage a requirement for partners of foreign diplomats to be eligible for a visa.
Foreign Policy magazine reports the administration has already begun denying visas to the unmarried, same-sex partners of foreign diplomats and employees of the United Nations.
"The Department of State will not issue a G-4 visa for same-sex domestic partners," a State Department memo reads. "As of 1 October 2018, same-sex domestic partners ... seeking to join newly arrived U.N. officials must provide proof of marriage to eligible for a G-4 visa or to seek a change in such status."
The policy gives couples until the end of the year to get married. If they fail to comply, they must leave the country within 30 days of the Dec. 31 deadline.
Unmarried heterosexual partners are also not eligible for U.S. visas.
Meanwhile, critics argue the policy fails to make allowances for those who come from countries that either ban same-sex marriage or only offer civil unions, thus creating an undue hardship.
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer