President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met Wednesday for the first time since the U.S. Embassy moved to Jerusalem.
They are both in New York City for the United Nations General Assembly meeting.
Trump supported a two-state Israeli-Palestinian solution for the first time, revealing that he may release a Mideast peace plan in the next two to four months.
"I like (a) two-state solution," Trump said as he posed for photographs with Netanyahu. "That's what I think works best. That's my feeling. Now, you may have a different feeling. I don't think so. But I think two-state solution works best."
But Trump was firm in his support for Israel, saying, "We are with you, we are with Israel 100 percent."
His administration has also slashed aid to the Palestinians by hundreds of millions of dollars and ended U.S. support for the U.N. agency that helps Palestinian refugees. One of the reasons for the cutback—some of the money given to the Palestinians is being used to fund terror against Israelis.
"As you know, we were paying them $550 million per year. Now, we're paying them nothing a year. Because we were, for years, we were being abused by the leadership of the Palestinians and giving them all of this money. So, now we're not. But that will start up again, and I look forward to it because they use it for some purposes that are good and some purposes that are not good and not acceptable."
Netanyahu thanked Trump for his support of Israel's right to defend itself in a dangerous part of the world.
Netanyahu said, "I think the American-Israeli alliance has never been stronger. It's stronger than ever before under your leadership. And I look forward to working with you and your team to advance our common interests: security, prosperity and peace with Israel's neighbors and with the region."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details