This year's annual Values Voter Summit drew some of the biggest names in conservative politics, each of whom weighed in on everything from the economy to religious freedom to the controversial Brett Kavanaugh hearings.
Guest speakers included Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson. A full schedule of the three-day event can be seen here.
Pence, Carson Defend Kavanaugh
Addressing the summit Saturday, Vice President Mike Pence weighed in on the allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Defending the judge, Pence said he has "impeccable credentials and a proven judicial philosophy," adding that he has established a "strong record of support for limited government, religious liberty and our Second Amendment."
"He is a conservative who will interpret the Constitution as written," he continued. "And his record and a career deserve the respect of every member of the United States Senate. But honestly, the way some Democrats have conducted themselves during this process is a disgrace and a disservice to the Senate and the American people."
His words seemed to reinforce those of Housing Secretary Ben Carson, who shared his thoughts on the matter Friday.
Acknowledging the heinous nature of sexual assault, Carson said, "Sexual predators, people who prey upon people who are weaker than them or in a lower position, [are] abominable. And there's just no room for it, as far as I'm concerned, OK?"
"Having said that," he added, "we must also recognize that there are two sides to every story."
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins believes the time is now for conservatives and Christians to "seize the day."
"This is an exciting time," he said. "I don't know how long the window is here, but I would encourage conservatives, Christians across this country, to be praying, to be voting and to be standing for truth in this time."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details