Faith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma, today applauded the Republican National Committee (RNC) on passing a Resolution Commending the Trump administration's leadership on religious freedom and efforts to remedy religious persecution in Burma. The resolution commends President Donald Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Ambassador Sam Brownback for championing religious freedom around the world. The resolution is as follows:
RESOLVED that, the Republican National Committee commends the Trump administration for promoting religious liberty by hosting the first-ever Ministerial designed to promote religious freedom and produce real change; and that the Republican National Committee acknowledges that the atrocities committed against the Rohingya, the Kachin and other ethnic and religious minorities appears to be genocide; and that the Republican National Committee commends the Trump administration for the dedicated work of Secretary of State Pompeo, Ambassador Brownback and other leadership to champion religious freedom around the globe.
More than 700,000 Rohingya have been forcibly expelled from their ancestral lands in Burma through a volatile mix of military aggression and religious persecution. State-sponsored violence has led to a mass exodus of the Rohingya from the country. This human wave of refugees had no choice but to flee for their lives before the onslaught. Many have fled to neighboring Bangladesh, while some have taken to the sea on rickety vessels, searching for refuge in more distant lands.
"The Trump administration and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo deserve accolades for elevating the critical issue of religious freedom by hosting the first-ever Ministerial. Most importantly, the administration is not making hallow proclamations from D.C., but going out into the world, as Ambassador for Religious Freedom Sam Brownback personally witnessed the horrors inflicted on refugees from the Burmese military's genocidal campaigns. As I, too, have personally visited with survivors in the refugee camps, I am deeply touched that the RNC unanimously stands with the victims of Burmese violence," says Nicolee Ambrose, spokesperson of Faith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma and RNC National Committeewoman in Maryland.
The Faith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma will hold A Vigil to Honor the Victims of Genocide in Burma outside the State Department at 5 p.m. on July 24. The event will be live-streamed on their Facebook page at facebook.com/FaithCoalitionToStopGenocideinBurma/
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer