Faith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma, today applauded the Republican National Committee (RNC) on passing a Resolution Commending the Trump administration's leadership on religious freedom and efforts to remedy religious persecution in Burma. The resolution commends President Donald Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Ambassador Sam Brownback for championing religious freedom around the world. The resolution is as follows:
RESOLVED that, the Republican National Committee commends the Trump administration for promoting religious liberty by hosting the first-ever Ministerial designed to promote religious freedom and produce real change; and that the Republican National Committee acknowledges that the atrocities committed against the Rohingya, the Kachin and other ethnic and religious minorities appears to be genocide; and that the Republican National Committee commends the Trump administration for the dedicated work of Secretary of State Pompeo, Ambassador Brownback and other leadership to champion religious freedom around the globe.
More than 700,000 Rohingya have been forcibly expelled from their ancestral lands in Burma through a volatile mix of military aggression and religious persecution. State-sponsored violence has led to a mass exodus of the Rohingya from the country. This human wave of refugees had no choice but to flee for their lives before the onslaught. Many have fled to neighboring Bangladesh, while some have taken to the sea on rickety vessels, searching for refuge in more distant lands.
"The Trump administration and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo deserve accolades for elevating the critical issue of religious freedom by hosting the first-ever Ministerial. Most importantly, the administration is not making hallow proclamations from D.C., but going out into the world, as Ambassador for Religious Freedom Sam Brownback personally witnessed the horrors inflicted on refugees from the Burmese military's genocidal campaigns. As I, too, have personally visited with survivors in the refugee camps, I am deeply touched that the RNC unanimously stands with the victims of Burmese violence," says Nicolee Ambrose, spokesperson of Faith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma and RNC National Committeewoman in Maryland.
The Faith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma will hold A Vigil to Honor the Victims of Genocide in Burma outside the State Department at 5 p.m. on July 24. The event will be live-streamed on their Facebook page at facebook.com/FaithCoalitionToStopGenocideinBurma/
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details