Brent Bozell, the president of the Media Research Center, says he's still waiting for ABC and The View host, Joy Behar, to issue an apology for a remark made about Vice President Pence's Christian faith. He says if no apology is made, he's ready to encourage a boycott of ABC network programs.
On the show this week, Behar said "It's one thing to talk to Jesus ... t's another thing when Jesus talks to you ... that's called mental illness, if I'm not correct, hearing voices."
In an interview with Axios journalist Mike Allen, Vice President Mike Pence called the comment an insult to the vast majority of the Americans who cherish their faith.
Behar has yet to apologize, and ABC has yet to respond to a letter Bozell sent to its president, James Goldstein.
Behar did say she was just joking when she made the demeaning comment.
"It's not funny at all. Let's explain the joking—they were ridiculing," said Bozell.
The Media Research Center regularly monitors remarks made on The View and many other television programs. He said this isn't the first time Behar has made anti-Christian comments.
"This is a long history that Joy Behar has of insulting Christians ... in the past she has equated Christianity to the Taliban, she has called the Alliance Defending Freedom a hate group, and now she calls it a mental illness. This is bigotry of the first order," Bozell said.
Bozell told CBN News that Behar and ABC need to apologize to Pence, not just because he's vice president of the United States, "but because he's a Christian, and any Christian who is offended that way deserves an apology."
In his letter to ABC President James Goldston, Bozell warned if he doesn't issue an "unqualified apology," then MRC will do its best to encourage millions of Christians and advertisers to boycott ABC programs.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details