On Election Day 2016, some voters felt dejected, while others were jubilant. Many who voted for Donald Trump felt their voices had finally been heard—that the issues important to them would now be front and center. Indeed, comparing Trump's agenda to his accomplishments, his voters have much to be thankful for.
Stephen E. Strang's new book, God and Donald Trump, gives an inside look to the road to the White House for the nation's 45th president, and through insightful interviews and firsthand accounts, Strang brings to life the Trump voter.
Trump captured people's attention and kept it by focusing on the matters that, for some, had been overlooked:
- Reduce government spending, but take steps to protect Social Security and Medicare.
- Use the reach and influence of government to help create a strong business climate.
- Repeal Obamacare and develop a more practical and affordable alternative.
- Appoint conservative jurists to the Supreme Court who will defend the Constitution.
- Defund Planned Parenthood and work to repeal Roe v. Wade.
- Grow the economy and bring outsourced jobs and American overseas businesses back home.
- On immigration, deport undocumented individuals and criminal aliens, as well as ban immigrants from certain Muslim-majority countries.
- Build a wall along America's southern border and make Mexico pay for it.
- Undo President Obama's nuclear deal with Iran and increase sanctions on terror-sponsoring regimes.
"Looking at this list of extremely important and urgent needs for America," Strang said, "President Trump is holding steadfast to his commitments, and these goals are being realized. How many presidents in modern history have taken as many measured and successful steps toward their campaign promises and their party's agenda?"
Stephen E. Strang is an award-winning journalist and successful businessman who began his career as a newspaper reporter at the Orlando Sentinel before founding Charisma Media, a Christian publishing house and media company while interviewing and writing about nearly every Christian leader in the country over the past four decades. God and Donald Trump is published by Frontline, an imprint of Charisma House.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: