The Bible is the best-selling book of all time—all time. But the fashion-smart editors of GQ have unequivocally decided that the Good Book isn't worthy of our face time.
No, this is not a twist on words. I'll let you read GQ's very own printed words:
"The Holy Bible is rated very highly by all the people who supposedly live by it but who in actuality have not read it," is how the presumptuous, judgmental critical review opens. Way to paint Christianity with a broad brush.
"Those who have read it know there are some good parts, but overall it is certainly not the finest thing that man has ever produced," the review continues.
Um, yeah, well, man didn't produce it. The Holy Spirit inspired Scripture. Spiritual things are spiritual discerned, according to 1 Corinthians 2:14, and foolish men can't understand them.
Foolish men will call the Word of God foolish out of ignorance and the devil's blinding.
Case in point, GQ speaks of the Bible this way: "It is repetitive, self-contradictory, sententious, foolish, and even at times ill-intentioned," the review reads.
Kettle, do you hear the pot calling you? The Bible is none of those things. It is the Word of God which is purified seven times (see Ps. 12:6).
What should we meditate on, then, if not the Word of God? Instead, these glitz and glam editors believe you should read The Notebook by Agota Kristof.
Click here to read the rest of this article.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details