American Pastors Network (APN) President Sam Rohrer recently returned from a trip to Israel, where he was part of noteworthy events and met with faith leaders and policy makers during a historic time for the nation.
Specifically, the main political event in Israel currently centers on the fact that on May 29, Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was unable to form a coalition government. Now, parliament is dissolved, and a new election is on the horizon. A meeting Rohrer and other faith leaders attended was significant because it be recorded as the meeting during this 29-day period.
While in Israel, Rohrer said it became evident to him that the important Israeli and U.S. elections this fall are inextricably tied together. In fact, the coming election in Israel will occur on Sept. 17—Constitution Day in the U.S.
"All Christians should pray for peace in Jerusalem," he said, "as peace in Israel links so very closely with our own upcoming election. God has tied together our U.S. election next November to Israel's this September. They are linked as two legs in how we stand, and it should be our prayer that the ongoing link of the two will continue.
"Christians should be more engaged, more passionate and more prayerful when it comes to Israel," he added. "We know God draws people in and calls them to be involved and that the American connection to Israel is blessed by God. Therefore, we should also link these two nations together and their impending elections in prayer. If Christians don't have a heart for Israel, they should. If they don't have a heart for our own country, they should."
While in Israel, Rohrer attended the Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast (JPB), a prayer movement initiated and chaired by Knesset Member Robert Ilatov and co-chaired by U.S. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Each year the JPB brings together government leaders and influential Christian leaders from all walks of society for a gathering in Israel's capital city to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details