Last week, Israel was pounded by what seemed like an endless stream of rocket attacks. The explosions and bloodshed serve as a reminder that our ally is an island of freedom in a sea of turmoil. Now, as always, the only flourishing democracy in the Middle East needs our unwavering support.
President Trump, thankfully, has expressed that the United States is firmly committed to Israel: "Once again, Israel faces a barrage of deadly rocket attacks by terrorist groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad. We support Israel 100% in its defense of its citizens ..."
Last year, the president made a decision past presidents—despite promising to do so—had been too timid to make, to uphold the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 and officially move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. This week marks the one-year celebration of the opening of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem, a historic event.
Trump's decision not only strengthened the United States' relationship with our closest ally in the Middle East, but it signaled to the international community that America has new leadership willing to keep promises and to act boldly in the best interest of the American people and the world, rather than cave to the demands of terrorists and dictators.
What a relief to know Israel and the United States stand together! We must remember if the outcome of the 2016 election had been different, America's support for Israel may not have been so certain.
Imagine what would become of our country—and of Israel—if voters didn't bring their Judeo-Christian values to bear on the next elections! We cannot afford to wait to put our strategy into place. We must roll up our sleeves and act now to reach and equip faith voters with the right information to cast their ballots.
That's why My Faith Votes has a goal of reaching 90 million Christians in America to vote in 2020 and most importantly, to vote in support of Israel and policies that advance peace and freedom. We've already started working on voter mobilization in every state and district in America and will not stop until we do.
Jason Yates is CEO of My Faith Votes, a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians pray, think and act to create an America where God is honored in the public square. Gov. Mike Huckabee serves as the organization's honorary national chairman.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer