There was a song in the late fifties called "Hearts Made of Stone." I'm sure the writer of this song had no idea he was quoting Scripture. The promise to Israel in Ezekiel 11:19 is, "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh."When we were in Israel we walked along the shore in Natanya. As we were walking on the beach we noticed hundreds of smooth pebbles shaped like hearts. We collected as many as we could carry back with us to the States. Many in our tour put these hearts in baskets, and as they prayed for the peace of Jerusalem daily, they lifted up the basket to the Lord and proclaimed this Scripture promise: "I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh."
What a great promise to claim for all of our Jewish friends. God has already begun this wonderful transformation in His chosen people.
Every time we return to Israel, we see more openness to the gospel. Twenty years ago there were no Messianic congregations (Jewish believers in Jesus as their Messiah). Now there are over eighty congregations throughout Israel. The veil over God's chosen is slowly being pulled down.
Never give up praying for your Jewish friends. God has great plans for them. He desires to change their hearts. For a season their hearts have been hardened, but the Word of God is like a hammer. That Word can break in pieces the hardest stone. Pray that God's Word will pursue your Jewish friends. I often pray this way for the Jewish people I know. Maybe you would like to join me in this prayer, and when you do, mention by name the Jewish people you want God to touch.
Father, in Jesus' name I pray for _______________. I ask You to pursue these people with Your good Word. When these Your chosen turn on the TV or radio, let them tune into a station that is speaking Your Word. Send laborers to them who will speak Your Word to them. I also ask for the gift of faith for these precious chosen people. Give them that gift so they might believe that Jesus, Your Son, is also their Messiah.
READ: Ezekiel 10:1-11:25; Hebrews 6:1-20; Psalm 105:16-38; Proverbs 27:1-2
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details