Israel. The mere mention of the word conjures up a favorite memory for those who've been, and a longing for those who haven't. After being here three days, it's difficult to pinpoint that one "a-ha" moment. It might be because those enlightening moments have been nearly nonstop since stepping off the plane in Tel Aviv.
Our group of seven has stood in the river bed where David picked his stones to slay Goliath, spent time in the Dead Sea, climbed the hills where David hid from Saul, explored the ruins of Masada (Herrod's palaces) and had a special military escort take us to the Jordan River where we baptized each other at the spot where it is believed John baptized Jesus.
Those are just a few of the places we've laughed, cried, praised God and felt a stirring deep in our souls. Imagine trying to cram 48 hours' worth of sight-seeing, Bible reading, emotional hugs, and mere minutes of sleep into 24 hours. Well, that's been us for the first 72 hours.
Starting in the desert might have seemed an odd place to start our journey. Yes, a journey. This is more than a visit. Coming to Israel is more about seeing sites, standing where events in the Bible took place, or walking where Jesus walked. Traveling through this small, yet powerful nation awakens something inside you.Those who've been understand. They are quick to share that one big moment, the revelation that changed their life.
For a sampling of life-changing moments, check out the October issue of Charisma for an article on the "10 Ten Places in Israel You Must See Before You Die."
While that one big moment changes a person's life, the series of "small" moments shouldn't be overlooked. In nearly everything we've seen, every place we've been, the Lord has pricked our hearts, our spirits. We've walked away changed. On many different levels. You can tell by the deep contemplative looks on faces, followed soon by a smile of enlightenment. The look of joy and pure adoration has never looked better.
Keep track of the last four days of Larry J. Leech II's travels in Israel by following him on Twitter or becoming a friend on Facebook.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details