The Boy Scouts of America is dropping the word "boy" from its signature program. The name change is part of a marketing campaign to promote inclusiveness.
The umbrella organization will still be known as Boy Scouts of America, but the older youth program will become Scouts BSA. The term Cub Scouts will not be changed because it is considered gender neutral.
The Scouts recently announced plans to invite girls and transgender kids to join their ranks—hence the necessity for a name change to the once exclusively all-boys organization.
"As we enter a new era for our organization, it is important that all youth can see themselves in scouting in every way possible," BSA chief scout executive Michael Surbaugh said in a prepared statement.
The social re-engineering of the once-beloved institution started in 2013 when a ban on gay scouts was lifted. Gay leaders were welcomed in 2015. And in 2017 they opened the door for transgender children to participate.
In response, thousands left the Scouts, and a number of churches ended their relationship with the BSA.
Fortunately, a new organization, Trail Life USA , was birthed. Trail Life is an outdoor adventure group exclusively for boys and is deeply rooted in Christian values. Click here for more information on Trail Life and click here for information on American Heritage Girls.
The Boy Scouts used to be in the business of teaching boys how to become young men—to keep themselves physically strong and morally straight.
But somewhere along the way, Boy Scout leaders lost their moral compass and tumbled into the deep abyss of political correctness.
I don't think there's a merit badge for that.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details