The Boy Scouts dropped a bombshell announcement Wednesday: They are going gender inclusive. The BSA is about to open its tents to girls—from Cub Scouts to Eagle Scouts.
"This decision is true to the BSA's mission and core values outlined in the Scout Oath and Law. The values of scouting—trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example—are important for both young men and women," said Michael Surbaugh, the BSA's Chief Scout Executive. "We believe it is critical to evolve how our programs meet the needs of families interested in positive and lifelong experiences for their children."
The move is expected to result in yet another mass exodus of boys from the once-heralded scouting organization.
"When you lose your moral compass the next thing to go is the courage and conviction to navigate in contrary times," Trail Life USA's Mark Hancock told "The Todd Starnes Show."
Trail Life USA is a Christian scouting organization that was founded after the Boy Scouts were conquered by a vocal group of LGBT activists. Trail Life now has more than 28,000 active members in nearly every state. Hancock warned the Boy Scout's decision was one more example of a "war on boys."
"Boys are losing out because we are focusing on them. We are not celebrating with them the wildness, the daring," he said.
Leaders with American Heritage Girls, a faith-based, all-girls program, say it's important for girls to have their own programs.
"American Heritage Girls is committed to its girl focus and will not acquiesce its dedication to girls due to enrollment decline or political correctness," Patti Garibay said.
Family Research Council president Tony Perkins also joined "The Todd Starnes Show"—wondering if the Boy Scouts will have to drop the word "boy" from its title.
"This is the slippery slope. Where does it stop? It doesn't stop until the Boy Scouts is a mere shadow of what it once was. They want the symbolism without the substance, and that's where we are headed," Perkins said.
He tells me he's not terribly surprised by the decision—also calling it a war on boys. So don't be surprised if you see the Boy Scouts marching in the next Nasty Woman protest, wearing pink neckerchiefs and matching knit hats.
Soon, a new generation of gender-inclusive scouts will earn Emasculation Badges and social justice pins and volunteer for community service hours at the local Planned Parenthood abortion mill.
I wonder if the Boy Scouts are going to start selling cookies?
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details