There's a controversy brewing at one of the nation's most prominent Christian colleges. It seems someone posted a gay pride flag in the dining hall at Wheaton College.
The mother of a Wheaton student sent me a photograph.
"When the gay pride flag flies at your Christian college, it is a direct attack on the Word of God; it's shameful," the parent told me.
She asked that she not be identified, and I've obliged.
"Wheaton has compromised with truth long ago and fears the wrath of media and gay students more than they fear the Lord God," she said.
Wheaton College released a statement admitting that someone had posted the gay pride flag without permission—but it has since been taken down.
"The flag, which had been placed among a display of international flags that hang throughout the dining hall, was immediately removed from the display," the statement read.
There's no word on how long the flag had been posted, but the mom who contacted me said students who believe in traditional values are afraid to speak out—lest they offend activists.
"Whether or not the raising of the flag was approved, this is how afraid these kids are of seeming like bigots or homophobes," the mom told me. "That have learned well that blatantly standing for truth is not well received there on this issue."
"The real important issue is the subtle and not-so-subtle silencing of those who believe in the objective truths of God's Word," she added. "When the flagship school of evangelicalism sends the message that to do so is hateful or unkind, we are in deep trouble. And we are."
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details