Donald Trump was taken to the GOP woodshed this week.
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Preibus reportedly spent an hour on the phone—telling Mr. Trump to tone down his comments about the illegal immigrants. The GOP establishment types are hyperventilating over his blunt assessment about the criminal element crossing the border.
I'm not quite sure why the Republicans are telling Mr. Trump to tone it down—especially in the aftermath of the Kate Steinle murder. Ms. Steinle was gunned down by an illegal immigrant on July 1 in San Francisco.
The gunman is a convicted felon who had been deported five times. And yet—he was released from law enforcement custody in compliance with San Francisco's designation as a sanctuary city for illegals.
So it's easy to understand why Mr. Trump's message about illegals pillaging and plundering our nation is resonating with average Americans. But what I can't seem to understand is why Country Club Republicans find his honest and straightforward appraisal is impolite and ill-mannered.
You know who else is toning it down? President Obama.
The White House has a long and sordid history of sticking its nose in local criminal matters—usually involving altercations between police and black men.
There was Professor Henry (Cops Acting Stupidly) Gates and Trayvon ("If I had a son ...") Martin. And most recently—Baltimore and Ferguson (Hands Up, Don't Shoot) Missouri.
But for whatever reason the White House has decided to take a pass on San Francisco—a crime that involves an illegal alien accused of murdered a white woman.
And yet the Republicans want Mr. Trump to tone it down. Tone it down? I say he needs to crank up the volume.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details