Fear. Loneliness. Worry. Grief.
These are just some of the pressures we've faced, and continue facing, during the past 18 months and more. Dr. Robert Jeffress has another word for them: mountains. As he shares with Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast network, ""In the Bible, mountains represent obstacles that separated God's people from God's blessings." In his new book, Invincible, he shares how we can conquer those mountains by partnering with God.
Jeffress says the No. 1 way we can do this is to "follow Paul's instructions in Philippians 4: 'Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything,'" (Phil. 4:6a, NLT). Jeffress adds that replacing the worry with another, more positive activity is critical, because if someone tells us not to worry, we'll spend all our time worrying.
"My friend David Jeremiah has a great suggestion," Jeffress says. "He said, 'Take out a piece of paper and at the top of it, write the words, "My Worry List," and then list everything you can think of to worry about. It might take two or three pages until you're exhausted of things to worry about.' And then he said, 'Take your pen, scratch out the word "worry" and put the word "prayer." Turn your worry list into your prayer list. That's what Paul is saying: Don't worry. Instead, pray, and the promises and the peace of God will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.'
"In my experience, it's impossible for people to be anxious and to be praying at the same time," he adds. "You just can't do it. Anxiety has a way of just crowding out your prayer life, but your prayer life can crowd out your anxiety. It's kind of like the same thing."
For much more from Dr. Robert Jeffress on conquering the mountains you face and replacing your worry with prayer, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Watch for Jeffress' new book,Invincible: Conquering the Mountains That Separate You From the Blessed Life, wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details