We would all agree: People are different. God has uniquely created us with specific personalities and endows us with particular gifts as we come to know Him.
That sounds easy in principle, says Dr. John Mlinarcik, a psychologist, social worker and life coach. But when it comes to practicing those ideas at work and at home, sometimes we need a little help, he tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"If you can show people where they come from, and you can identify where they're at, then you can help them move forward," he says. That's what his company, PCS Global, and its unique Behavior Styles Profile are designed to do.
Mlinarcik gives a real-life example of a CEO from Michigan who spoke with him about a son he considered "problematic."
"His oldest son was just like him .... his younger son was much different," Mlinarcik says. And he said, 'I think this kid's got some major problems.'"
At the time, the father told Mlinarcik he was not going to allow his son to attend college out west. "He's not going to be that close to me, and I can't control it."
With Mlinarcik's encouragement, the father changed his mind.
"He called me about two weeks after the son was in school," Mlinarcik says. "He said, 'I went to the bursar, and I wanted to pay for his tuition—$4000 out of the $10,000 had already been paid.' He said, 'I went on Monday, and it was all paid.'
"'I called the bursar, and he said, 'Your son didn't tell you? He won the scholarship. He was the best in his class.'"
The CEO took the assessments PCS Global offers.
"My CEO was so flabbergasted because his son was so different than he was; he started to realize that they spoke different languages," Mlinarcik says. "... We really work to help people come to grips with the fact that people are somewhat different. We're all the same in some ways, but we're somewhat different in others. We have different ways that we fill up our buckets.
"And so when we learn that it's OK to be different and not to be criticized or crucified for it, then what we have is an ability to be able to allow people to be who they are, encourage them to be who they are, and to accept people for who they are and to let them use their God-given strengths."
For much more from Dr. John Mlinarcik on the specifics of the BSP assessment and how God can use it to help you in your life and in your work, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details