Longtime Vineyard pastor Dianne Leman grew up in a strict religious faith that she describes as "Amish with cars." As a result, by the time she got to college, she wanted nothing to do with God or church.
The truth that transformed her, she says, is the one she continues to share today: that the God of the universe lives in us through the Holy Spirit.
"The surprising secret to true transformation is the secret that Paul revealed in Colossians 1:27: Christ in you," she tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast network. She devotes her new book, Wrecked for God, to sharing lessons of "how I've learned to live moment by moment in union with Christ, with Christ inside of me."
One of those lessons, she says, is that "Jesus has gotten bigger, better and more beautiful than I ever imagined. And at the same time, He's shown me that I'm actually better and more beautiful than I ever imagined."
Leman says that back in her religious days, "I used to be more self-focused, or sin-focused or even Satan-focused. Once I got totally wrecked for God, I am now Son-focused or Spirit-focused. It makes a huge difference. Jesus doesn't like religion."
"We preach a gospel of grace, which is just as scandalous as it comes, that Jesus has already forgiven your past, your present and your future sins. That's taken care of. Now, it's glorious. It's almost too good to be true. ... The only 'rule' is that you receive all that He's done and then His empowering to live as His righteous son or daughter.
So I put the focus on Jesus," she says. "Sure, we teach people to obviously read the Word and hear what is the best way to live, God's guidelines for all of life. But our focus is always on His empowering presence."
For more of Dianne Leman's story and the secrets that will move you away from religion and into true transformation, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link. Subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform, and find Leman's new book, Wrecked for God, at this link or wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details