Tom Grossman didn't consider himself a prayer warrior, much less a prophetic one. But when someone stopped him in the parking lot as he and his wife were leaving an early-morning prayer meeting and asked if he knew about what had happened at the World Trade Center, he turned on the radio. And what he heard there played a huge part in changing his life and his future ministry.
"I didn't even know what the World Trade Centers were," Grossman tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. But for the previous three weeks, he says, "Our big intercessory burden was Afghanistan. We didn't think of ourselves as these advanced strategic prayer people or anything. We're just sitting there praying, loving Jesus, asking Him what to pray about, letting Him lead us. And we're praying for Afghanistan every day."
In the aftermath of that prayer and of 9/11, Grossman and his daughter attended a Mike Bickle prophetic conference where he spoke to Bickle about the attack and its connection to the book of Revelation. "When Mike gets excited, he's excited," Grossman says. "He started preaching to me out of the book of Revelation."
By the end of that conference, Grossman says, he realized he didn't understand Revelation at all. He had recently had some supernatural encounters that started him on a journey of prayer and prayer ministry, and God gave him a vision about the Second Coming during this time as well.
"I realized that if the Lord's called me to this [ministry] through the vision I had, then I need to start reading the book of Revelation," Grossman explains. "So I just started reading it through once a day, every morning... just from beginning to end with maybe some instrumental music in the background. I did that for maybe 2 1/2 months. ... So that's how 9/11 affected me. It really put me into studying the book of Revelation on a much deeper level than I ever had before."
That study, Grossman says, finds expression via his ongoing ministry as well as a website, stopendtimeconfusion.org; a podcast, Stop End -Time Confusion, also on the Charisma Podcast Network; and his brand-new e-book, Reign of Fire, available for free download here available for free download here.
For much more from Tom Grossman Sr. on how we can interpret modern-day events in light of the end times, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to the Greenelines podcast on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Be sure to check out Grossman's own podcast, Stop End-Time Confusion, here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details